Thursday, February 17, 2011

Things I like about Arizona

I guess before anyone decides to serve me up some haterade for my last post, I will now post on the positive things about living Arizona.

1. Warm weather. Duh! Of course it's really hot, but it's like the warm version of Minnesota, and instead of them having snow for 9 months, Arizona has crazy hot weather for 9 months. While I could do without the extreme heat, the spring months are to die for.


2. Beautiful wildflowers. I'd like to do some more hiking and camping here in arizona and the plants I've seen up in the mountains/hills are beautiful and fascinating.

3. Pretty sunsets (of course).


4. Stores are in close proximity to my house. I love that there are stores and businesses on every block. Right now I only have to walk a few brisk yards to get to a grocery store.


5. The best place ever to ride a bike. And I love that I can also ride it on the sidewalks and I don't get in trouble for it.


6. Lack of humidity. This is good and bad. While the humidity throws my hair in a tizzy, it also makes it easier to breathe and makes my skin look terrific. But I'm glad my hair looks good here.


7. Lots of people of my same religious denomination. Good, yet bad. While there's a lot of people of my religion, there aren't that many my age to flirt with.  Lame.  But there's more to have fun with.


8. Mountains and scenery. The mountains here are beautiful! I want to visit all of the state parks sooo bad.

9. Straight roads and easy-to-see streetsigns that light up at night.
10. Low price of milk. Milk here is like 1-2 bucks a gallon! Compare that to $4-5 a gallon in NYC. DEAL!
 11. Lots of thrift stores here! And they are REAL thrift stores, not like greenwich village "shabby chic" thrift stores where they sell you an old shirt for 50 dollars.


12. Decent public transportation. Although the cost to ride the bus here is almost as expensive as NYC, it's a good way for students like myself to get to school cheaply. Where I live I have the option of taiking two different busses to school which is terrific because that means a bus comes every 15 minutes. There is also the light rail and the Orbit, which is free.

No comments:

Post a Comment