Thursday, February 24, 2011

New homes!


I've taken the huge plunge and potted my plants! Well...not all of them. My sunflowers are still growing and then I have my two small tomatoes. But I've planted the four tomato plants I bought, as well as my squash and zucchini. Sadly, I'm not really sure if my yellow squash will make it and I'm wondering now if I should start another seed in the same bucket or if I should try growing something else, or what. But when I tried to transplant the yellow squash its roots were rather nonexistant, plus it has always had very yellow leaves. To make matters worse, I covered it last night to protect it but was unable to take off the covering after sunrise, so the plant might have gotten too hot this morning. In result, a few of it's leaves have withered.
Barely alive!
Everyone else seems happy!
Anyway, it's okay because I'm a garden newbie and I'm expecting casualties. My lettuces haven't come up yet and I may have accidently displaced the seeds when I last watered them. Usually I use the mister setting on the hose nozzle to spray them gently without much disturbance, however our backyard hose has burst (it was too old to take the water pressure while using a hose nozzle) and I have to wait for our landlady to buy a new one. So I watered them with a bucket and that just threw dirt all around in the containers. But I can always plant more seeds and try again in a few days.

My working schedule has been a little wild and crazy these past few days so I haven't been able to give the garden my full undivided attention.


Still kickin'

No comments:

Post a Comment