Friday, April 8, 2011

New Additions!

I'm back tracking a little bit, but because I've been busy, I haven't had a moment to blog about some of the new plants I've acquired. (Or anything else for that matter!) I'll talk about these and then every things else that has been going on.

So of course you guys already knew about the squashes. Well as I was going to Lowes for dirt for my bed, I picked up some more plants that were only 4 for two dollars. A steal! Here they are:

Eggplants:
I bought 4 eggplants. I'm so excited because eggplants are "different." They are big strange purple fruits and I've been craving Eggplant Parm for a while now. Now I can have an excuse to make my own! One eggplant at the grocery store costs $3.00, so why not grow my own?

MORE Tomatoes, but REGULAR ones:

These are regular tomatoes. So far all of my tomatoes that I've been growing are cherry- just because I love popping them in my mouth. I'm not really a whole-tomato-kind of person, but why not? I need more veggies in my diet.


                                                   Peppers:

Peppers are a must! And I heard that they do GREAT in this hot environment. These are basic bell peppers. There's NO way you'll ever see me growing jalepenos. (I don't like hot stuff usually!)

No comments:

Post a Comment